1. CNC Lab: The students visited CNC Lath, CNC Milling and CNC drilling machines. Mr. Manoj and Mr. Devendra (CNC trainer) explained well about the differences of NC, CNC, DNC and conventional machine tools. They explained the basic programming required to do work on these machines.
2. Welding Section: It is well equipped shop of having various welding machines e.g. electric arc welding, oxy - acetylene welding, and resistance welding. Students learned the basic prerequisite knowledge before selecting specific welding processes for specific application. Their trainer also explained step by step procedure for complete welding.
3. Industrial Automation & Robotics Lab: Initially trainer explained how industries changed the form of energy (muscles power to animal power and to electric power through machine tool) to convert raw material into finished goods. He told that industrial automation is an extended application of robotics. Now Industries are focusing to automate each and every step of manufacturing by using various types of control systems to increase production and reducing cost of final products.
4. Foundry Section:Induction furnaces were being used for melting iron and alloy and making castings. Students practically visualized melting and pouring for making pump casing in foundry lab.
5. Forming Section: There were two automatic drop hammers for forming. Students were told about forming of crankshafts by using these hammers through successive forming processes.