Dr. Phatak highlighted the following other issues:
1. The national mission has been extended for one more year (till March 2018). The extension in the project has been possible due to the effort of Mr. R. Subrahmanyam - Additional Secretary (TE).
2. SAP India came forward and helped in part - funding.
3. 4000 candidates registered for the non-funded, like 1. Use of ICT in Education and Blended Learning 2. Technical Communication.
4. Participants for all future ISTE workshops will have to submit a copy of their Aadhar Card while registering.
5. Rs. 1.4Lakh additional fund will be released to the RCs which can be used for the upkeep of the existing A-View hardware. RCs will have to submit a simple Utilization Certificate against the fund.
6. A-View facility acquired through funding should be made available for other workshps/events if so desired by any stakeholders of NMEICT.
7. Briefly discussed KOHA, first open - source Integrated Library System (ILS), NVLI - National Virtual Library of India.
8. Digital Library of India (DLI), a digital collection of freely accessible rare books collected from various libraries in India.
9. 36000 librarians from colleges and another 30000 from Public Libraries are to be trained on Library software and platforms.
10. Project Seven Million Solar Lamps, scheme launched by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), GoI. The scheme aims to provide 70 Lakhs solar lamps to as many rural school students in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and Assam, with emphasis on ‘localization through skill transfer’ and ‘entrepreneurship development’.
11. J.P.Morgan College to Corporate Program, meant for 3rd and 4th year engineering students.
12. Eight FDPs to be conducted in the next year, 3 by IIT Kharagpur, 5 by IIT Bombay.
13. Training of Teachers in ICT must be made mandatory, AICTE may come up with some enforcement.
14. Online submission of Quizzes and Assignments are subjected to Peer Review. Several duplicate submissions were identified during “Use of ICT in Education and Blended Learning”. Teachers copying assignments is a very sad matter. All such teachers were made to upload an apology letter.